Cultivation Manager-Central Pennsylvania
Our client has an immediate need to hire an experienced Cultivation Manager. The ideal Cultivation Manager candidate is an experienced agricultural operations professional that is ready to create a commercial scale cultivation operation from scratch at our grow location in Central Pa. Responsibilities include writing the comprehensive operations plan, design and oversight of facilities build out, all staffing and training, genetics acquisitions, company goal setting, facility maintenance, compliance, and production. This role will report directly to ownership with shared responsibility for budgeting.
• Oversee the creation and implementation of all cultivation operations, plans, policies, and procedures including propagation, plant care, IPM, health and safety operations, harvest, and post-harvest.
• Create and implement best practices for plant health and care.
• Develop effective natural integrated pest/disease control with STRICT adherence to all state compliance and environmental safety regulations.
• Establish system and chain of command to collect, analyze, and maintain data on cultivation operations to aid strategic planning and operational decisions.
• Manage the cultivation team responsible for all plants in a controlled environment.
• Create complete facility compliance plan with periodic internal audits to ensure state and environmental safety regulations are met.
• Create and lead training program for all cultivation personnel on plant propagation, plant care, plant harvest, post-harvest, and compliance.
• Select, install, and train staff on the operation of the cultivation facility’s automated tools: including grow room temperature controls, lighting, watering systems, and other infrastructure.
• Monitor climate equipment and data – repair, adjust, and maintain as necessary to ensure proper functionality.
• Develop monthly inspection process to identify maintenance and repair needs.
• Create inventory management system and budget for all facility supplies.
• Develop comprehensive staffing plan then participate with managers to hire, train, and supervise staff (includes scheduling, oversight, training, and annual performance reviews).
• Create and oversee the cultivation budgets and accounts.
• Coordinate with Cultivation Manager on expenses and budget balances, forecast future expenses, and create budgets for the cultivation operation.
• Test/Sample/Trial equipment to ensure subject matter expertise for future facility and equipment purchase.
• Create systems and reporting to ownership for all relevant production information.
• Coordinate with ownership, retail, wholesale, extraction, infused products production, and cultivation management interests with regard to production scheduling
• Bachelor’s degree in relatable field – agriculture, horticulture, botany, biology, etc.
• 4+ years of experience in a regulated cannabis market
• Strong leadership experience managing teams of 20+ members
• Experience managing operations with 7,000+ plants
• Experience creating organic and non-organic IPM programs
• Grow design/build experience
• Experience selecting, installing, and maintaining automated agricultural equipment
• Must be able to pass a background check
• Experience in a newly legal cannabis market (less than a year old)
• Experience with a startup cannabis company
• Experience in an agricultural R&D environment
• Experience in an entirely automated facility
Experience with extraction, infused product production, and distribution
• Master’s degree or higher
Resume and cover letter including compensation expectations to: