Director of Finance
We are seeking a Director of Finance to join us as we rapidly expand into a national brand. We are a consumer products company with robust sales, marketing, supply chain, product development and customer service departments.
The Director of Finance will be responsible for the planning, implementation, managing and running of all the finance activities of the company, including business planning, budgeting, forecasting and negotiations. This position is predicated on a dynamic relationship with the Senior Management team and Board of Directors as they chart the organization's strategic direction.
This position reports directly to the CEO.
● Oversight of all fiscal activity, including budgeting, reporting and auditing.
● Plan, develop, organize, implement, direct and evaluate the organization's fiscal function and performance.
● Evaluate and advise on the impact of long-range planning, the introduction of new programs/strategies, new product launches, new markets, regulatory action, and more
● Provide timely and accurate analysis of budgets, financial reports and financial trends to assist the CEO, COO, the Board and other senior executives in performance of their responsibilities.
● Develop, implement and enforce policies and procedures of the organization by way of systems that will improve the overall operation and effectiveness.
● Establish credibility both in the organization and with the Board as an effective developer of solutions to business challenges.
● Effectively and clearly communicate potential risks.
● Active participation in all M&A due diligence, negotiations and integration of potential acquisition targets.
● Develop a reliable cash flow projection process and reporting mechanism that includes minimum cash threshold to meet operating needs.
● Identify and spearhead strategies and initiatives that ensure functional financial department operations.
● Strategic thinking with a proclivity for problem-solving/analysis
● Strong leadership skills
● Ability to operate in a complex and sometimes chaotic new industry
● Entrepreneurial minded
● Understanding the needs of a fast-growing organization
Education and Experience
● Bachelor's degree in Finance/Accounting; Master's Degree and/or CPA preferred
● 5+ years' experience in a senior-level finance role
● Extensive project budgeting, cost controls, and financial management experience
● Strong executive presence and ability to influence decisions and collaborate across all levels of leadership, including investors and board members.
● Full-time, salaried exempt employee
● Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience
● Benefits (Medical)
● Generous PTO