Director of Marketing & Branding
Marketing Director, reporting to the COO – The Company is seeking an experienced marketing professional with a demonstrated track record in marketing with management responsibilities at an established consumer products brand to oversee, manage, and build out the company’s Marketing Department for its Family of Brands. The ideal candidate will design execute both our quantitative and creative marketing strategies with the aim of elevating the Company’s three emerging brands into the national cannabis spotlight as the premier craft cannabis brands in their respective industry verticals.
• Demonstrate a keen understanding of a broad range of marketing topics and disciplines including everything from traditional print media, retail store promotional materials, events and promotions, tradeshows and conferences, digital media, social media marketing, print and digital advertising, website design and management, and ecommerce to email marketing, and guerilla marketing.
• Understand the state dispensary (retail) marketplace to determine revenue goals, opportunities for improvement, customer demographics, product mix, competitive landscape and other concepts to lead the development of ongoing marketing activities, events, advertising campaigns, social media, text and email campaigns to drive revenue.
• Work with the sales team to understand product marketing needs and develop materials, campaigns and appropriate premiums to help drive B2B sales
• Develop and maintain an electronic marketing calendar that provides an accurate depiction of all marketing activities being conducted or planned for the state
• Develop marketing program briefs that include program goals, tactics, project plans, budgets and success measures for all material marketing efforts in the state; Measure and report on program success to the leadership team
• Manage marketing budgets and ensure appropriate ROI from all marketing development efforts
• Track overall marketing tempo, execution and success metrics on an ongoing basis and adjust efforts as needed to work toward attainment of state and corporate revenue and other goals
• And everything else seasoned marketing executive knows how to do to drive the sales arrow up.
• Marketing, Branding and PR. The marketing role involves developing and implementing promotional campaigns for both the company’s wholesale and retail businesses to focus on brand building. Direct reports will include the Brand Manager, social media staff, graphic design, and all digital assets including the websites. The position will have oversight of all developed digital and physical collateral.
1. Grow the Best Flower (Quality) -- We believe that it takes the highest quality flower to produce the highest quality products. It is the core of what we do. We have an unwavering commitment to the idea that nature knows best and so our dedication to organic, living soil, and artisan perfected cultivation techniques is steadfast and true. Modern technology is only used to help optimize each plant’s genetic potential to create a diverse set of the cleanest, healthiest, and most efficacious products on earth. Whether we are growing indoors, outdoors, or in a greenhouse, our commitment to this ideal is unwavering.
2. A responsibility to learn, a responsibility to educate - Having been stigmatized and vilified for so long, there is admittedly still so much we do not understand about the cannabis plant’s potential to enhance our lives, heal our bodies, and expand our minds. We not only find the potential for learning and discovery exciting, but we understand that we also bear the responsibility to share the knowledge we gain to help educate our communities so they can effectively navigate the vast product landscape. The pursuit of natural healing and expanding consciousness are core to our mission.
3. Minimize environmental impact (sustainability) - We know that our business activity—from energy consumption from supplemental lighting to product packaging —is part of the problem. We work tirelessly to change our business practices towards an ever more sustainable solution, whether that’s using packaging made from recycled ocean plastics or locally sourced organic nutrients. We love our planet, it has given us cannabis, and love is a two way street.
4. Created by Community, Created by Love: our existence was born out of a common desire to have the best plant derived medicines in place of synthetic pharmaceuticals. Our success-- and much of the fun-- lies in developing new ways to deliver organic, pure, and thoughtfully crated medicines to our communities. As the world’s first solvent less vape pen producer we are excited to introduce other new and innovative ways to experience cannabis, to heal, expand consciousness, and enhance everyday life.
About the Ideal Candidate
Minimum Experience Required: Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or related degree
- At least 7 years experience in a marketing discipline at a Manager or Director level in the consumer packaged goods (CPG), retail, pharmaceutical, food production or manufacturing.
- Experience leading teams of people where every individual on the team may or may not report directly to you – you understand what it means to earn respect
- Demonstrable expertise in managing diverse marketing projects and campaigns that lead to closely related, measurable results
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Strong relationship development and management skills
- Outstanding organizational and planning skills; Must be flexible, resilient and able to keep focus in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Strong attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Experience with marketing software, web design software, digital marketing platforms are all a plus; Strong Microsoft Office skills (especially Excel, Word and PowerPoint) are required.