Director of Operations
We are seeking a Director of Operations to assist us in a new phase of growth for the company. We are expanding rapidly into a national brand, and we need a Director of Operations to help manage the daily operations of the company. We are a consumer products company, and our company has a heavy emphasis on, Sales, Marketing, Supply Chain, New product development, and Customer Service.
This is a senior role in the company and will report directly to the C.O.O.
As a fast-moving startup, we value people who can take on whatever comes their way, figure it out, and get it done. But these are the typical responsibilities:
Day to day activities
● Mentor and guide departments to maximize efficiency and quality of work
● Create strategies to improve the efficiencies between Supply Chain, Production (3rd party), Sales Operations, Marketing, Accounting and HR
● Work with COO managing strategic projects and planning, including strategies for future growth and scale
● Address company policy violations and work in conjunction with HR and direct managers to administer disciplinary action
● Approve/deny internal costs and reimbursements; i.e. employee engagement and development, lunches, etc
● Audit business SOPs and practices to identify areas to improve operational efficiencies
● Designing & implementing smooth operational systems to manage growth/scale
● Including metrics to evaluate business growth and employee performances
● Developing and implementing guidelines for employee evaluations, recruitment and promotion
● Maintaining and managing departmental budgets and expense oversight
● Maintain compliance with all city, county, state and federal regulations and laws
● Conflict management throughout all levels of the organization.
● Manage executive and leadership team meetings
● Account management support of the Sales and Field Operations team
● Cultivate productive/healthy work culture
● Effective solutions-based attitude and management style
● Strong ability to multitask and work through constant interruption
● Strong project management skills and experience
● Highly organized and meticulous
● Ability to handle high-stress situations
● Team-oriented and collaborative with a positive attitude
● Comfortable in a start-up environment - willingness and interest to roll up sleeves to do whatever it takes to get stuff done
● Strong verbal and written communications skills
● Proficient in all Office Suites (Google, Microsoft Office)
● Proven experience in creating systems and processes
● Ability and willingness to travel and work weekends when needed
What makes you the right person?
● You are driven and passionate, yet humble and relatable.
● You are a natural leader and also a team player.
● You align with our mission.
● You are a self-starter and don’t require micromanagement.
● You aren’t afraid of aggressive goals and you can lead your team to victory.
● You are a believer in the healing power of cannabis and hemp.
● You live in Eugene, or are willing to relocate.
● You are professional and kind.
● You are able to handle constant change and rapid growth.
We are looking for a person who is...
● Experienced and proven in Operations Management- Ideally with 5+ years in a high volume sales department focused on consumer goods.
● Strong collaborator and knows how to build effective partnerships across organizations
● Operationally focused, with an ability to see a strategy through to success, leading teams through execution by using planning, metrics, and organizational structures
● Experience in fast-paced and unstructured startup environments is a plus
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills
● Full time
● Salary DOE
● Generous PTO
● Located in Eugene
● Some travel required
● Equal Opportunity Employer