Extraction Operations Tech
Calyx Staffing Client is an CBD extraction lab near the Bend, OR area and is searching for an Extraction Operations Technician.
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
The Extraction Operator operates extraction machines to continually produce and process high-quality industrial hemp extracts, e.g. Crude, Full Spectrum Distillate, Isolate and THC Free Distillate. The Extraction Operator is responsible for day-to-day operation of the extraction machines to produce and process sufficient high-quality product to meet sales demand.
Reports to Production Manager with daily oversight by other Supervisors and Managers.
EXAMPLE OF DUTIES: (This list may not include all duties assigned)
1.) Material Preparation – Measure and grind industrial hemp material to be processed – Submit request for required supplies and materials
2.) Extraction Machine Operation – Load specified amounts of industrial hemp product into equipment. Operate extractor machine to process industrial hemp material in compliance with applicable safety procedures. Monitor instruments such as temperature or pressure gauges, indicators, or meters to ensure optimal processing conditions. Set up and adjust machine controls to regulate conditions such as material flow, temperature, or pressure. Examine samples to verify qualities such as clarity, cleanliness, consistency, dryness, or texture.
3.) Post Processing. Load diluted oil/ethanol mixture into Rotovap machine . Distill ethanol and capture for reuse. Ensure removal of all ethanol from product. Examine product to ensure that contamination has not occurred. Operate the drain droyd to separate solids (wax) from liquid product and store product following established procedure. Collect samples of materials or products for laboratory analysis. Communicate processing instructions to other workers. Maintain logs of instrument readings, test results, or shift production for entry in computer databases.
4.) Cleaning and maintenance of lab and equipment. Inspect machines or equipment for hazards, operating efficiency, malfunctions, wear, or leaks. .Use sterilizing solutions to clean equipment and prevent contamination. Remove clogs, defects, or impurities from machines, tanks, conveyors, screens, or other processing equipment. – Clean or sterilize tanks, screens, inflow pipes, production areas, or equipment, using hoses, brushes, scrapers, or chemical solutions. Install, maintain, or repair hoses, pumps, filters, or screens to maintain processing equipment, using hand tools.
5.) Other tasks and duties as assigned
1) Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
2) Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance. – Chemistry, math and basic science aptitude is required.
3) Ability to prioritize tasks – Attention to detail –
4) Effective oral and written communication –
5) Operation of office and technological equipment and software –
6) Ability to communicate professionally with co-workers, customers and vendors
7) Ability to work independently and meet goals –
8) Ability to follow oral and written instruction – Ability to organize daily activities of self and others and to work as a team player
9) Knowledge of, or ability to learn, Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel.
10) Extraction experience is a plus, but NOT required
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE –
High School/GED Diploma. Experience with solvent-based extraction methods and processes.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
Work may require prolonged standing, bending, stooping and stretching. Agility and balance necessary to repeatedly step up and down throughout shift, while
balancing and lifting product. Lift up to 50 pounds routinely during shift and up to 100 pounds occasionally with assistance from others. Requires normal range of hearing and vision.
WORKING CONDITIONS –
Work is performed in a busy industrial hemp production and manufacturing facility with Methanol, Heptane, Pentane and Ethanol which can be hazardous. Facility can be loud due to fans and filtration systems. Temperatures can fluctuate between cold and hot due to ventilation systems and machinery.