Calyx Staffing's client has a diverse team of scientists and passionate staff members who understand the importance of clean hemp and cannabis products. Between our team, we have decades of experience. Our client is not only a team of scientists here to test hemp and cannabis but is a major devotee of the industries. They are deeply involved in sustainability and continue to advance our methods in order to support the growing industry. Any lab can test your product to see if you passed or failed, but they go out of our way to figure out what part in your process needs to be changed in order to ensure clean and properly dosed products. They love to have fun but get our jobs done.
The Laboratory Analyst responsibilities will include preparing and analyzing client samples for specific compounds and characteristics including cannabinoids, foreign material, heavy metals, microbial impurities, mycotoxins, moisture content and water activity, residual pesticides residual solvent, terpenoids and homogeneity. They will prepare and analyze samples following standard operating procedures (SOP) using validated and certified analytical procedures for each analytical method and will calibrate and maintain the analytical instrumentation.
Interpretation of analytical results and any quality assurance issues will be the responsibility of the Laboratory Analyst. They will receive the client samples from the Sampling Technician and complete all sample login and receipt protocols following laboratory SOP’s. In addition, they will ensure compliance of day-to-day laboratory operations and report to management any issues.
• Log in client samples to the laboratory information management system (LIMS)
• Schedule sample workflow for preparation and analysis by due date, hold time and turnaround time requirements.
• Prepare samples following laboratory methods for extraction of volatile, semi-volatile and non- volatile inorganic and organic compounds.
• Perform all initial and continuing calibration requirements for sample analysis.
• Analyze prepared samples by HPLC, GC/MS, ICP/MS and other techniques as required.
• Perform analyses requiring qPCR techniques for microbial impurities.
• Review data and final reports for completeness and accuracy.
• Maintain and troubleshoot analytical instrumentation and other laboratory equipment.
• Order supplies as needed, liaison with clients regarding analytical results and any technical issues.
• Assist with other tasks as needed within the company.
• Perform quality work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
• Perform calibrations for safety equipment and laboratory instrumentation
• Participate in maintaining the cleanliness and organization of the laboratory
• Perform routine preventative maintenance on laboratory equipment
• Enter analytical results into the database
• Obtain samples from delivery personnel and clients
• Operate measuring tools for sample storage package integrity
• Maintain accurate sample storage logs
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Must be over 21 years of age
Desired Areas of Specialization:
• Possession of time-management skills
• Knowledge of laboratory information management systems (LIMS)
• Knowledge of Cannabis helpful but not necessary
• Experience with EPA Methodology
- Candidates should have at least a BA/BS in science, such as: Biology, Microbiology, Environmental Science, Chemistry or Food Science. Other disciplines will be considered.
- The candidate should possess excellent verbal and written skills in English and computer skills (Word, Excel, Outlook a plus).
- Prior QA/QC experience in a lab environment is desirable.
- The availability to work overtime and flexibility to work varying shifts, is required.
- The candidate must be able to lift 50 lbs. and be able to stand for long periods of time. ISO 17025 experience preferred.
- Required to stand long periods of time, occasionally required to reach with hands and arms, sit, walk, climb, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl and able to lift and move up to 50 pounds of weight.