Manager of Compliance & Regulations CO/CA
Our CLIENT is seeking a candidate to manage the Company’s compliance and licensing department. This includes ensuring compliant operations to satisfy all regulatory requirements in all jurisdictions (currently Colorado and California) for the Company’s recreational and medical cultivation, processing, manufacturing, extraction, distribution, retail, and wholesale businesses for both medical and adult use (recreational) cannabis channels, including social lounges.
Licensing applications, renewals, and issuance is a major deliverable in this role, especially as the company seeks to expand. This position requires systematic reporting to the COO and will play an integral part in the Company achieving its strategic business objectives in both the short and long term.
· Oversee all components of the compliance program including but not limited to, timely and accurate regulatory reporting, maintenance of compliance manuals and consistent monitoring of risks and requirements in all channels.
· Maintain policies and procedures to ensure that all operations of the firm are conducted in compliance with applicable regulations in both California and Colorado
· Assist with the review of existing controls and procedures and implementing changes as agreed upon with management.
· Work with the COO to maintain and manage the registration and filings for the firm and its personnel with the appropriate regulatory agencies (e.g., MED, BCC, City of Denver, Denver Fire Department, Humboldt County, etc.) and serve as the primary contact with regulators during exams and inquiries.
· Update and maintain regulatory registrations.
· Provide direct senior management and staff on all issues concerning compliance rules, regulations, and procedures.
· Conduct testing and monitoring of business activities, including the annual and quarterly compliance audits, to ensure compliance with regulations and internal policies and procedures.
· Liaise with the Company’s legal counsel to provide ongoing advice in relation to implications of legislation and regulations affecting the business.
· Manage the initial and ongoing training of the compliance program to all employees.
· Assist with various client and vendor day-to-day operational support functions.
· 3+ years of experience in compliance, regulatory audit and/or relevant law (1+ years of supervisory experience).
· BA/BS degree
· Deep understanding of compliance operations and previous experience in a compliance function at an established cannabis consulting firm, vertically integrated cannabis company, or at the Marijuana Enforcement Division (MED) experience required
· An eye for detail, but a mind for strategy. Your job will daily move from 30,000 feet to microscopic review of first-of-their-kind policies and practices.
· A refined, polished communication style that swiftly adapts to diverse audiences (from regulators to investors to engineering/product teams)
· Interest and passion for maintaining an understanding of the new federal, state, and local county rules, regulations, ordinances governing the cannabis industry