Manager of Financial Planning and Analysis
The Manager of Financial Planning and Analysis is a strategic thought-partner, reports to the CFO and is responsible for building and ensuring critical support to our finance and leadership teams. You will focus on creating/building financials tools, reporting mechanisms, business modeling and financial planning processes that will effectively scale with our growth.
This person will possess superior financial reporting, planning and modeling skills, as well as razor-sharp business acumen. The role also requires the ability to understand the big picture, while being very detail-oriented.
The right candidate will be a successful business partner, communicate clearly, and juggle multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
This role supports and provides critical analyses and insights to help drive business decisions in a dynamic and fluid organization.
- Drive an efficient, effective and comprehensive process for developing driver-based financial budgets including: developing, communicating and driving the budget timeline, creating budget templates, creating/maintaining budget roll-up files, and preparing budget deliverables.
- Perform monthly and quarterly review of actual results to budget and prior year along with related variance analysis.
- Support the business groups in managing their spending budgets, including monthly budget vs actual analysis, headcount reporting, and annual budgeting.
- Prepare ad-hoc models and analysis to support operational and strategic business decisions.
- Continuously improve and streamline the financial management processes including monthly reporting, forecasting and budgeting.
- Develop and manage a team of 2 to 3 in the overall objectives of the department.
- Conduct market assessments for entering new states in terms of patients and regulatory framework.
- Assist in preparing earning’s release materials and script for earning’s calls.
7+ years of relevant experience in a financial planning capacity in a publicly traded company supporting leadership.
5 YEARS WORKING WITH A PUBLIC SECTOR ORGANIZATION
MANAGEMENT SKILLS: Ability to manage a team of 5+ CPA's and someone who leads by example and works well with others. Must be a good fit for the team.
- Willingness and ability to ROLL UP YOUR SLEEVES and build complex model!
- Experience in managing accounting and financial areas preferred. SEC reporting experience highly preferred.
- Strong proficiency in use of Microsoft Office software including Outlook, Excel (advanced), PowerPoint and Word.Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficiency in using/manage/building-out planning tools & applications.
- Ability to synthesize complex concepts/strategies into clear story for both internal and external constituents.
- Extremely well-organized, data driven and comfort managing multiple projects/stake holders.
- Proven ability to build strong working relationships with business partners/department heads/coworkers as trusted and objective advisor.
- Exposure to key financial management processes as required in scaling organization.
- Excellent teamwork, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Self-starter capable of driving business results without significant supervision and effective in dealing with ambiguity.
- Florida Driver's License or ability to obtain one.
- Must be able to pass a comprehensive background check.
Salary will be commensurate with experience. A comprehensive benefits package including paid time off is offered with this position. This position will work an average of 40 hours per week and will be available “after hours” if an emergency situation should arise.