Calyx Staffing is seeking Manufacturing Leads for exciting opportunities in the Legal Cannabis Industry.
Our Client is a fast-growing manufacturer and distributor of legal cannabis food and beverages. They have a full line of Liquid and Confectionary Consumables, are continuously expanding their catalog and are looking for professionals to join the team. This is a positive and growth-based company looking for people who see the long-term potential of being involved in this once in a lifetime industry.
These positions will be working 2nd Shift in their Kitsap facility, with a great staff, creating the most exciting, consistent, and high-quality products available.
We are looking for people who know how to work efficiently and professionally.
Their systems are at the FDA level of food production with safety, quality and customer service as a critical aspect.
· Candidates should have a strong background of leadership in either the Bakery or Beverage field.
· Production Leadership experience in the food or beverage industry preferred. (Pastry chefs, candy makers, micro brewers, production line professionals, and technical specialists are encouraged to apply)
· Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a CPG, commercial or industrial food environment required
· Experience with mixing /using established recipes required.
· Knowledge of scales and adjusting recipes based on production needs preferred, but not required.
· Cannabis experience or knowledge is not required.
· Leadership experience required. This includes experience evaluating, motivating, and directing staff. Experience leading a constantly growing team strongly preferred.
· Experience with sourcing materials for production, based on volumes and pricing, strongly preferred.
· Previous experience in a packaging or production environment is a plus.
· Experience designing and changing processes and procedures to increase quality and productivity is preferred.
· Experience with multiple pieces of equipment in the packaging, food, or beverage industry strongly preferred, but will consider technical aptitude in lieu of experience.
· Positive attitude with a growth mindset. They are a close-knit team that is expanding rapidly. Opportunity for growth is absolute
· Multiple tasks done outside of baking and beverage production will be a requirement.
· Must have a clean criminal record.
· Able to work quickly while on your feet, doing repetitive tasks for extended periods of time.
· Able to lift 35 pounds
· Mechanical or technical aptitude is preferred
· Must obtain a WA food handler's card within 10 days of beginning work.
· Staff will be trained in our procedures and then be required to pass tests to confirm knowledge. These procedures must then be followed closely.