Our Client is a manufacturer of cannabis infused products in Washington state’s legal market. We are seeking a production manager to lead a team creating a catalogue of products including infused beverages, oral sprays, topicals and transdermal patches.
The Production Manager (PM) oversees all aspects of infused product manufacturing. The PM is responsible for overseeing all steps and equipment employed and serves as the authority on all related matters. The position necessitates a high-degree of organization to enable forecasting production needs and raw material purchasing based upon sales demand, tracking production batches through manufacturing and QC/QA, and managing product retains for downstream evaluation.
The Production Manager (PM) works within a state-certified, food-processing environment so the PM is expected to be comfortable working within a food-based GMP system. PM is responsible for oversight of all standard operating procedures (SOP), equipment operating procedures (EOP), and batch records (BR).
The PM interfaces with the General Manager on personnel scheduling and procurement while working with Sales on product demand forecasting.
● Maintaining SOPs, EOPs, and BRs to ensure a safe and compliant operation
● Overseeing production from beginning to end, including documentation completion
● Managing production and QC data-entry into the mandated traceability system
● Scheduling and monitoring compliance testing as required by law
● Inventory and logistical management
● General project management and oversight
● Shift and human resources management to ensure necessary staffing
● Identifying necessary equipment and supplies to be purchased
● Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required
● Must be at least 21 years of age
● Required to pass a background check
● Prior managerial experience required, 2+ years preferred
● Must have at least 1year prior experience working in a GMP environment
● Prior knowledge about the manufacture of beverage/body-care products preferred
● An understanding of the regulated cannabis industry, preferably in WA state
● Mechanical or laboratory experience preferred
● Proficiency with MS Office and Google Suite required