About the Position
Reporting to the COO, the Sales Director will set the goals, KPIs and sales strategy for the organization. They will be responsible for recruiting a top producing sales team and creating sales management processes for the company. As the sales team grows, the Sales Director will transition into leading and mentoring the sales team while continuing to develop strategies to acquire new business and achieve sales, profit and gross margin objectives.
The ideal candidate will possess exceptional sales talent to increase the company’s market share and be responsible for developing and maintaining effective key customer relationships by promoting the company’s product lines. Creation of and on-time implementation of sales department initiatives, accurate reporting, and efficient allocation of resources and financial results will be essential deliverables for this role.
The Sales Director and their team will develop new revenue opportunities within the dispensaries in the Colorado and California region
Key Responsibilities include:
· Using expertise and sound judgement to continuously drive sales and profit
· Developing and execute key sales objectives and initiatives
· In conjunction with marketing, developing and executing promotional activities throughout the customer base to increase brand awareness, customer engagement and sales
· Develop and enhance effective customer relationships through leadership and support in managing the company’s various distribution channels to ensure effective market penetration and mutually respectful relationships with our customer partners
· Flawless communication to ensure all customer needs and expectations are exceeded
· Ongoing facilitation with and resolution of customers concerns
· Vigilant presence in the community and with customers to strengthen brand and reputation
· Setting and achieving performance goals that are challenging and tied to overall company strategies
· Recruiting, training, providing clearly defined goals and expectations, mentoring, managing and holding accountable (through appropriate systems) an effective sales team
· Creating an engaging environment where each individual team member has the ability to maximize his/her own professional and personal growth and development to execute all job functions at an expert level
· Continuously empowering and inspiring team members through the highest levels of expectations and providing one-on-one feedback to improve individual performance and company growth
· Ensuring solid financial management and budget control
Position Type/Expected Hours:
This is a full-time position with home base location flexibility, with required travel to Denver, Humboldt, and throughout CA.
About the Ideal Candidate
Minimum Experience Required:
· Minimum of 7 years’ experience leading and developing sales teams
· Proven sales growth and performance at similar positions
Other Skills and Abilities:
· Relationship building and relationship management skills
· “Boots on the ground “relationship building with the account managers and dispensaries
· Microsoft Office skills should be intermediate or advanced level
· Knowledge of sales techniques to grow revenue and profits
· Experience in consumer packaged goods/alcohol and beer/food and beverage industry
· Strong digital marketing skills
· Strong will to drive the sales efforts and sell product
Work authorization/security clearance required. The company is an equal opportunity employer.