Territory Sales Manager
Our CLIENT produces Hemp-Derived CBD products made from hemp grown on its own farm in New York State.
They are a vertically integrated grower and producer of hemp-derived CBD/wellness products with expansion plans to go into the health and beauty topical lines.
Our client's products and unique formulations have gotten rave reviews from people with serious health issues, for effectiveness and for the clean formulation flavor palate of our tinctures, our most popular selling form factor. Our client maintains an active social media presence and digital eCommerce store.
What are we looking for:
We are looking for a motivated and self-driven sales executive to join our team in NYC. The individual should have: 5+ years of experience in Sales, Trade Marketing and Marketing experience helopful.
This individual must have shown proven leadership skills to support our company’s push into the retail stores, ranging from natural foods and health stores, independent pharmacies, smoke shops, convenience stores, CBD/Hemp stores, pain clinics, health and wellness and spas and other CBD/cannabis-related outlets, such as dispensaries or Medical Marijuana wellness providers. The right person will be running our sales function and hire the appropriate sales personnel as justified.
As their Sales Executive, you must display the utmost integrity and attention to detail. The successful candidate for this position will report directly to the business unit head and play an instrumental role in supporting our day-to-day direct sales activities.
The right person will have a good understanding of CRM systems and adherence to such data/reporting schemes. The successful candidate will also be responsible for hiring and supervision of field representatives who provide sales and trade marketing support to retail customers.
A firm understanding of trade marketing practices is essential!
· At the onset, you will actively engage in calling on accounts and expanding the territory being serviced by our client
· You must become an expert in this new and burgeoning product category and communicate effectively with prospects and existing clients about the firm’s products
· You will expand the sales staff systematically
· Helping drive “Cold calling” efforts / emailing new prospects
· Help develop, meet and exceed monthly sales goals
· Daily contact over the phone or in-person with local business prospects to educate them on our products and acquire new accounts.
· Career advancement opportunities
· Work in a positive, encouraging and enthusiastic environment
· Base + commissions
Job Qualifications & Requirements
· 5+ years of sales experience
· Excellent interpersonal, organizational skills
· Knowledge of sales process and experience closing accounts and meeting quotas
· Trade Marketing Experience/understanding
· Category Management Skills
· Knowledge of the health foods, pharmaceutical or Hemp/CBD industries a plus
· Excellent communication skills
· Extremely solid work ethic
· Must be well organized, display a professional demeanor, exude high energy and show attention to detail.
· Trade Marketing experience to adapt existing business practices from other industries would be very helpful
· The successful candidate will adapt the existing CRM system to the current environment and investigate alternative platforms for use going forward
The Territory Sales Manager will cover from Washington, DC to New England and ideally be based in NYC or the surrounding area.